You Know You're Addicted to the Internet When...
- You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You start introducing yourself as "Jon at I-I-Net dot com"
- Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she
- All of your friends have an @ in their names.
- You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.
- Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.
- You laugh at people with 2400 baud modems.
- You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.
- You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.
- You tell the cab driver you live at http://123.elm.street/house/bluetrim.html
- Your spouse makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."
- You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
your computer with a commode.
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :^)
- You turn on your computer and turn off your spouse.
- Your spouse says communication is important in a marriage...so you buy
another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you can chat.
- You begin to wonder how on earth your service provider is allowed to call
700 hours per month "unlimited."
...And the #1 clue that you are addicted to the Internet is...
- Your dog has its own home page.
This Web page is maintained by Selden Ball
at Wilson Lab.
Please send any comments or corrections to