Philmont at Double H Ranch
Double H Ranch
New High Adventure Opportunity!
Philmont Scout Ranch, in partnership with the rocky Mountain Elk
Foundation, will be offering a new and exciting high adventure
opportunity for the summer of 2004. This experience will be offered at
the Double H Ranch located in south central New Mexico. Crews will
participate in a pristine wilderness environment at elevations over
8,000 feet on a seven day trek.
If you and your Boy Scout troop, Varsity team or Venturing crew are
looking for a unique backpacking experience, this is the place for you.
Visit the Double H on the web at
- Located between Datil and Magdalena New Mexico, 2 hours south of Albuquerque
- Season will run from June 21 through August 2
- Located on over 100,000 acres
- Visit the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, known as VLA (Very Large
- Observe elk, mule deer, bear, and other wildlife
- Participate in exciting backcountry programs that include state of the
art black powder and archery
- Learn about the Native American culture found in the area
[Note: the Double-H Web site is gone. This links to
an archived copy.]
For more on this exciting opportunity and reservation information email
us at: email@example.com
This Web page is maintained by Selden Ball
at Wilson Lab.
Please send any comments or corrections to