Cornell University Campus Life and it is hoped that all the students can participate in this arrangement. Cornell Dining also has meal plans available at its various dining facilities. Each student will work in a research group which typically involves a professor, postdoctoral research associates, and graduate students. These mentors will define the nature of the research project, organize access to the resources necessary to carry out the research, and guide the participant's effort through frequent interaction. The student projects are always important elements of the overall research program of the Laboratory. The areas of research will be:
- Accelerator Physics
- Microwave Superconductivity
- Advanced Instrumentation (electronics, lasers, cryogenics, etc)
- Synchrotron Radiation in Scientific Research
- present an oral statement of the goals early in the program
- present an oral report on results at the end of the program, and
- write a report describing final results of the research.