CESR projects (supporting faculty: David Rubin)
- OSC ring optics design and error analysis
- Calibration and stability of CESR beam position monitors for speed of light experiment
- Beam based techniques for measuring storage ring sextuple distribution
ERL and FFAG projects (supporting faculty: Georg Hoffstaetter)
- Ion potentials in BMAD and ion tracking through these potentials.
- Fast ion instability in ERLs.
- Halo tracking and collimator design.
- BPM design and sensitivity analysis for different running modes.
- Laser design for CBETA bunch patterns.
SRF projects (supporting faculty: Matthias Liepe)
- spatial variation of the RF surface resistance
- field dependence of the energy gap
- flux pinning in superconductors
Cathode and gun projects (supporting faculty: Ivan Bazarov)
- sharp tip shape optimization for bright beam production
- measuring emittance (nm-rad and smaller) of ultra cold beams
- commissioning of novel cryogenically cooled HV gun
-- Main.RichardRyan - 04 Nov 2016